Friday, January 29, 2010

Where does the time go?











First of all, I must apologize for not updating our blog more often! The whole reason for setting up the blog was so that friends & family could see the lil one as time goes by. I'm sure I could come up with a million reasons why I haven't been able to upate sooner, but in reality its just time. Who knew that 3 months could go by so quickly? I must say I am ashamed of myself, and I'm going to try my best to update this blog more often.

During the 3 months that we were away, Skylar has grown like a weed! She is almost 6 mos now and has hit some milestones along the way. She has learned to roll over from her back to her belly...were in trouble now!! She has also started to eat rice cereal...which she absolutely loves! At her 5 mos check up she was weighing in at 14.6 lbs and is 24.5 inches long, which puts her into the 95th percentile, which her doc is happy about!

We had a very special Thanksgiving this year. Justin's mom, brother, and sister came up from Sacramento and stayed with us. It was a quick trip for them, only a couple days, but we really enjoyed having them. It was fun having Skylar meet Grandma Susan for the first time!

Skylar's 1st Christmas was a lot of fun. She was really into the bows and wrapping paper. She even managed to tear into some of her gifts, which caught me off guard a little bit. She was given so many wonderful gifts, including an awesome rocking horse from Papa John & Grandma Shirley. We can't wait until next Christmas, she'll be wanting to open everyone's gifts at that point!

Tara is busy as ever, can't believe she's a Senior! Before we know it, she's gonna be walking down that aisle at graduation! Tara decided not to play basketball this year due to the coaching staff, but she's keeping herself busy with school activities and spending time with her boyfriend. We don't get to see Tara as often as we would like, teenagers are busy people!

Justin & I are doing well. Justin just changed shifts in January and is now working swing shift and gets off at 3 am. We normally see each other for about 10 minutes in the morning, and off he goes to bed & I go to work. We deffinitely look forward to those few weekends that we are both at home and can spend time with the lil one as a family. We have planned a trip to Scottsdale, AZ over Spring Break and leaving the lil one at home with Grammy. I can't believe we're leaving her for 5 days, when I haven't even been away from her for 1! I must say it will be a nice little break from parenthood, but I'm gonna miss her like crazy!!

Gotta go, the lil one needs my attention! I promise to update more often!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment